Saturday, May 2, 2009

HOMEMADE BABY WIPES

OK so i made homemade baby wipes for the first time. I finally decided i should because it will save us so much money in the long run. Plus it doesn't have all the skin irritating chemicals that store wipes have. So I decided to share the recipe. These make great baby shower gifts just give them the recipie attached to the container!

First you need a gallon square or round container I used these ones from walmart.They cost $2.32 for a 2 pack. You could decorate them if you wanted it to look pretty for a shower gift.
Then you need a good quality paper towels. I used these ones. They cost $3.98 at Walmart.

While i didn't use them the select a size ones are best. You don't have to use those but you just get a better sized wipe that way.
then you cut the roll in half like this.
Place the paper towels cut side down like thisMix 2 T baby oil and 2 T baby wash in 2 1/2 cups water.
Now if your baby is allergic/sensitive to mineral oil you can use coconut oil instead of the baby oil.
I used the following baby wash and baby oil.
The baby oil cost $2.12 and the baby bath cost 3.84 now i used name brand because i wanted the cucumber melon scent but you can use generic. I also used baby oil with aloe vera and vitamin e which is very good for the skin. You could also add scented oils to make them smell different if you'd like.
Ok then you pull the water/oil/wash mixture on top of the towels. Put the cover on the container and turn it upside down.
wait 5 min. Then remove the carboard tube from the center. Then start the the wipes pulling from the center
Voila!
Now for all the stuff I paid $13.00 including tax now the paper towels will make 4 sets of wipes the containers are reusable and the baby oil and baby bath will make many batches because you use so little for every batch. I don't know about everyone else but i pay about $10 for a pack of 3 generic wipes. So this will save me a lot in the long run and even to get the stuff to make them cost barely over what i pay for wipes.
I would say you probably end up spending less then 2 dollars per batch! it's about the same amount as what you get in store wipes too.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm gonna have to try this. I heard of it before, but never had the "recipe" . Thanks fro sharing!